The commissioned notaries at RC’s Finest Resource Group are not attorneys licensed to practice law and may not give legal advice. We recommend that you speak with an attorney for any legal guidance before scheduling an appointment.
To ensure that your documents are notarized correctly, please note the following information as you prepare for your appointment:
1. Identify which Notary Certificate you need. Our notaries cannot provide legal advice or assistance in the drafting and/or completion of your documents. If you have any questions about how to complete the document, please contact the person who drated or requested the document.
2. Do not sign the document until you are in the presence of the notary.
3. Original documents must be presented for all Copy Certifications. Vital records such as birth, death, and marraige certificates can not be notarized.
4. Your identity is verified and willingness to sign the document of your own volition.
5. All signers and witnesses, if required, are prepared with an unexpired government-issued form of identification at the time of the scheduled appointment.
6. Every signer must physically appear, be coherent, and present an unexpired government-issued form of identification at the time of notarization.
All identification cards must be original, current or issued within the last 5 years, contain a photo, physical description, signature, and serial number. Identification procedures are mandated by the Georgia Secretary of State. The following forms of identification are acceptable:
• Unexpired government-issued photo ID (Driver's License / State ID/U.S. Passport)
• U.S. Military Identification Card
• Foreign Passports Stamped by U.S. Customs
The name you will be signing on the document must match or be "SHORTER THAN" the name on your ID. An ID in your maiden name along with a marriage license evidencing your married name is not acceptable. (see below how to use Credible Witnesses).
Correct ID: Document Signature = John Smith (SHORTER THAN) ID = John Adam Smith
If you are not able to provide the above-mentioned identification or the name on your ID is different or shorter than what is on the document then you can use:
Two Credible Witnesses – These are individuals that can swear to the signer's identity. They must have and present proper ID at the time of the notarization, are age 18 or older, know the signer by the name on the document, are not named in the document nor have a financial interest in the transaction described in the document.
Flu & COVID-19 Safety Protocols
To help reduce the spread of the flu and COVID-19 viruses, all team members and clients are required to wear a properly fitting mask over their nose and mouth as well as use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon entering the office. Our office will be cleaned frequently especially high-touch areas and social distancing will be implemented when possible. The number of clients and witnesses in the office at one time will be limited.
To ensure that everyone remains safe during the COVID-19 pandemic as well as flu season, RC’s Finest Resource Group will follow the precautions below:
1. Masks for team members and clients must be worn at all times.
2. Hand sanitizer will be provided and is highly encouraged.
3. Social distancing will be implemented when possible.
4. Pens will be provided if needed and pens will not be shared.
5. If you experiencing any flu and COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone that has a positive flu or COVID-19 test result, please contact our office as soon as possible so that your appointment can be rescheduled.
6. Any equipment used will be sanitized before arrival.